Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Just Mom, Not Almighty.

"Mommy can't get sick," I explained to Norah as I crawled onto the couch.
"Why?"
"Well, Mommy has to take care of everyone else. Who else would do the laundry and cook and..." I continued on with every task I could think of.

But who am I kidding? I just wanted a nap. I'm not sick. I am not planning on being sick.

And

The world - the country - the state - the county - the school district - yes, even the household is not held together by my strength, wisdom and genius. My presence may make these entities (or at least the household) run more smoothly, but I am not indispensable.

You see, I am not God.

What a relief.
(And, yes, I had to spell check "indispensable.")
(And, yes, I enjoyed my nap immensely.)

No comments:

Post a Comment