Monday, April 26, 2010

Flowering

I am serious about a cutting garden, even if my executive gardening partner does not take me seriously. The first difficulty is choosing the flowers, since the selection of plants will play a vital part in the selection of ground.

Some Definite Inclusions (because I have the seeds or bulbs already in possession):

What else? I love the simplicity and durability of Shasta Daisies and Black Eyed Susans, so I would like to plant some of each. These lovelies have the additional bonus of being perennials, so I shouldn't have to re-invest in starts year after year. Hollyhocks and Hydrangeas remind me of my grandmother, so of course they should be added. Piki would approve of a cutting garden.

Am I missing something? What flowers would you have me grow?

2 comments:

  1. you had me at snapdragons....although...i must confess, i've never heard of the term 'cutting garden'....learn something new everyday...miss you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I can get enough to grow, I'm thinking about selling bouquets @ Archbold weekly farmer's market. Even if I don't end up selling any, I hope to at least have fresh flowers for my own home!

    ReplyDelete