Friday, July 1, 2011

Tid Bits

The man and I walked across the dewy yard to pick these lovely raspberries this morning. The children promptly ate them.

The two-year-old doesn't say "nana" anymore, but properly enunciates "buh-nana." I'm a little sad and proud at the same time.

Tomorrow we go on family vacation. I have nothing packed. For seven people. But I have carefully rationed the last drops of milk so that we'll leave nothing to stink up the fridge.

The man and I don't exactly see eye-to-eye on how clean a house must be before you leave for a week or more. I think clean sheets, mopped floors, scrubbed toilets are all "Must Do." He's content with empty trash cans and a mowed yard.


The nine-year-old has informed me that we NEED to get packing (literally) and we don't have time to sit at the computer. Funny how I'm not amused by his surpassing maturity.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on cleaning before vacation, love coming home to a clean house (unpacking is work enough)!

    ReplyDelete